Why Join VOGA?
Supporting VOGA and being a member keep sustainable agriculture strong through marketing, education and community action on issues important to our members.
In addition to publishing the annual Directory, we:
- Promote members in our published Directory, website, email newsletter, Facebook and Instagram
- Provide scholarships to members to attend conferences/workshops
- Sign on to letters and participate in meetings to stem irresponsible oil and gas development
- Offer Animal Welfare Grants to our members
- Send VOGA representatives to DC to discuss with our elected officials the importance of protecting our water, air and land
- Provide workshops, classes, and agricultural education experiences to our community – farmer to farmer
- Provide representatives to Delta County Working Groups
In light of the COVID Pandemic, we cancelled our in person 2020 events – in the future we plan to continue to:
- Host Know Your Farmer Events and Farmers Socials
- Participate in community events like Mountain Harvest Festival, Food & Farm Forum, Art & Ag Tour, as well as collaborate with The Learning Council and Slow Food Western Slope to host agricultural-related educational events, workshops and film screenings
In other 2020 News:
- We received grant funding from Western Colorado Community Foundation and Colorado Farm and Food Alliance which enabled us to create our first staff position – Program Director
- We received grant funding from the West Elk Community Fund in order to respond to our community’s food needs in light of the pandemic – the funds were distributed to the Senior Lunch Program, our Buy Local Campaign, CSA’s throughout the summer to low income families in Delta County, and 20 Local Produce Thanksgiving Boxes to families in need
- We created a new Resources page on our website
- We filmed a series of videos to highlight our local farmers and ways they preserve their fall bounty
VOGA membership begins February 1 of each year, and ends January 31 of the following year.
Membership fee is $35/yr. Printed and website directory listings fee is $50/yr.
Donations above membership are tax deductible and require a separate check to VOGEA.
- $35 Basic membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $50 Membership with directory listing — check is made to VOGA
- $100 – $249 Bronze membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $250 – $499 Silver membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $500 – $999 Gold membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $1000 + Platinum membership — check is made to VOGEA
Beginning in December, return membership form (downloadable pdf form) and fees and mail to: PO Box 1423, Paonia, CO 81428 no later than February 28. Another option is to use our on-line form to sign up as well. We greatly appreciate your sponsorship of the organization as we continue to grow and move forward.
The VOGA Member Directory includes certified Naturally Grown and USDA certified organic producers, winegrowers, nurseries, retailers, specialty products suppliers, and farm stay information.
If you’d like to attend one of our monthly meetings, check our Events page for times. We look forward to meeting you.