Why Join VOGA?
Supporting VOGA and being a member keep sustainable agriculture strong through marketing, education and community action on issues important to our members.
In addition to publishing the annual Directory, we:
- Promote members in our published Directory, website, email newsletter, Facebook and Instagram
- Provide scholarships to members to attend conferences/workshops
- Sign on to letters and participate in meetings to stem irresponsible oil and gas development
- Advocate for the protection of our water, air, land and agricultural way of life by meeting with our elected officials at the local, state and federal level
- Provide workshops, classes, and agricultural education experiences to our community – farmer to farmer
- Offer Regenerative Agriculture Grants to our members
- Provide representatives to Delta County Working Groups
Year in Review – in 2023 we:
- Published and distributed 4,000 copies of our annual printed Directory and updated our online Directory
- Hosted over 20 classes with The Learning Council including our Annual Seed Swap, a Fermentation Celebration, Beekeeping, Soil Biology, Financial Planning for Farmers, Orchard Management and Grafting, Cheesemaking, and more! We taught over 500 students throughout the season and learned so much from our local farmers
- Hosted 4 Know Your Farmer Farm Tours once per month from May through August at local members’ farms in order for our members and local community to Get to Know their Farmers
- Organized Saturday Know Your Farmer Farm and Winery Tours with 20 local farms for Mountain Harvest Festival weekend, as well as the Sunday Farmers’ Market, and the Annual Mountain Harvest Festival Tasting Event
- Continued to develop our Resources page on our website
- Participated in the Tuesday evening Arbol Farmers Market in Paonia Town Park with our VOGA info booth and our monthly
educational activities – we loved connecting with our community and helping people support local agriculture
- Participated in many Community Events this year: Western CO Soil Health Food and Farm Forum, North Fork Health and Wellness Expo, Big B’s Friday Night Music Event, Community Fair and Riverfest, CSU Field Day at Western Colorado Research Center – Rogers Mesa, Mountain Harvest Festival, and the North Fork Valley Creative Coalition’s Holiday Fair
- Collaborated with other nonprofits including Western Slope Conservation Center, Colorado Farm and Food Alliance, and Citizens for a Healthy Community to advocate for the importance of protecting our region’s shared resources and preserving our agricultural economy – this included sending one VOGA member to DC as part of the North Fork Delegation’s annual trip
- Sponsored the Western CO Soil Health, Food & Farm Forum in Montrose January 26th-27th, 2024: soilfoodfarm.org
- Sponsored the marketing campaign for North Fork Valley Creative Coalition’s Holiday Fair taking place in Paonia on December 2nd, 2023
- Distributed T-shirts, Hoodies, Hats, Tank Tops, Stickers and Magnets featuring our North Fork Valley “Taste What We Grow” logo
- Received a General Operating Grant from the West Elk Community Fund to continue our programming into 2024. We are very grateful to the Funders for supporting our Mission and Vision
VOGA membership begins February 1 of each year, and ends January 31 of the following year.
Membership fee is $35/yr. Printed and website directory listings fee is $50/yr.
Donations above membership are tax deductible and require a separate check to VOGEA.
- $35 Basic membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $50 Membership with directory listing — check is made to VOGA
- $50 – $249 Bronze membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $250 – $499 Silver membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $500 – $999 Gold membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $1000 + Platinum membership — check is made to VOGEA
Beginning in December, return membership form (downloadable pdf form) and fees and mail to: PO Box 1423, Paonia, CO 81428 no later than February 28. Another option is to use our on-line form to sign up as well. We greatly appreciate your sponsorship of the organization as we continue to grow and move forward.
The VOGA Member Directory includes certified Naturally Grown and USDA certified organic producers, winegrowers, nurseries, retailers, specialty products suppliers, and farm stay information.
If you’d like to attend one of our monthly meetings, check our Events page for times. We look forward to meeting you.