Why Join VOGA?
Supporting VOGA and being a member keep sustainable agriculture strong through marketing, education and community action on issues important to our members.
In addition to publishing the annual Directory, we:
- Promote members in our published Directory, website, email newsletter, Facebook and Instagram
- Provide scholarships to members to attend conferences/workshops
- Sign on to letters and participate in meetings to stem irresponsible oil and gas development
- Advocate for the protection of our water, air, land and agricultural way of life by meeting with our elected officials at the local, state and federal level
- Provide workshops, classes, and agricultural education experiences to our community – farmer to farmer
- Offer Animal Welfare Grants to our members
- Provide representatives to Delta County Working Groups
Year in Review – in 2021 we:
- Published 4,000 copies of our annual printed Directory
- Hosted over 18 classes with The Learning Council focused on the seasonal rhythms of the farm and garden – we taught over 500 students throughout the season and learned so much from our local farmers. Some of these recorded classes can be found on the Resources page on our website
- Setup a booth at the Tuesday evening Arbol Farmers Market in Paonia Town Park for 22 weeks from May to October – we loved connecting with our community and helping people support local agriculture
- Participated in 3 Saturday Summer Street Fairs with the North Fork Valley Creative Coalition in downtown Paonia and will also participate in their Holiday Fair
- Collaborated with other non-profits including Western Slope Conservation Center, Colorado Farm and Food Alliance, and Citizens for a Healthy Community to advocate for the importance of protecting our region from irresponsible oil and gas development
- Organized Know Your Farmer Farm Tours for Mountain Harvest Festival
- Are a cohost for the 10th Annual Food Farm Forum in Montrose in January 2022
- Ordered T-shirts, Hoodies, and tank tops featuring our North Fork Valley brand logo
- Received a grant from Colorado Farm and Food Alliance to assist us in continuing our education program for 2022
- Are active members of the Buy Local Campaign – a group that brings together local non-profits with the shared goal of promoting our local economy
VOGA membership begins February 1 of each year, and ends January 31 of the following year.
Membership fee is $35/yr. Printed and website directory listings fee is $50/yr.
Donations above membership are tax deductible and require a separate check to VOGEA.
- $35 Basic membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $50 Membership with directory listing — check is made to VOGA
- $100 – $249 Bronze membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $250 – $499 Silver membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $500 – $999 Gold membership — check is made to VOGEA
- $1000 + Platinum membership — check is made to VOGEA
Beginning in December, return membership form (downloadable pdf form) and fees and mail to: PO Box 1423, Paonia, CO 81428 no later than February 28. Another option is to use our on-line form to sign up as well. We greatly appreciate your sponsorship of the organization as we continue to grow and move forward.
The VOGA Member Directory includes certified Naturally Grown and USDA certified organic producers, winegrowers, nurseries, retailers, specialty products suppliers, and farm stay information.
If you’d like to attend one of our monthly meetings, check our Events page for times. We look forward to meeting you.