Farm Runners Distribution Specialist
Short Description: Farm Runners (located in Hotchkiss, CO) is seeking a new team member for the Summer 2018 season.
● Approx 30-40 hrs/week with opportunity for increasing involvement in our growing company. Responsible for picking up local farm products and delivering them to customers in Gunnison and the Roaring Fork Valley. Looking for an energetic, outgoing, and self-motivated individual who is passionate about local farms and food.
● Requirements: clean driving record, ability to lift 50 lbs, and available to work Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
● To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and brief cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the position. Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
Full Job Description: Farm Runners is seeking a driver to join our team for the Summer 2018 season. The position is part-time, with opportunities for advancement and growth within our growing company.
● Schedule: 30-40 hrs per week. Hours may fluctuate based on business needs and order sizes.
○ Training Schedule beginning ASAP: Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a couple of weeks
○ Approximate hours beginning June 28th: Thursday 7:30am-4:00pm, Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, and Saturday 6:30am-7:00pm.
● Responsibilities and Duties: A Farm Runners driver is responsible for ensuring our farmers and customers consistently receive premium quality service. The Driver will be responsible for performing pickups and deliveries of fresh produce, dairy products, meat, and dry goods. Specific responsibilities include:
● Pick-Up from Farms: Transports product from farms to Farm Runners warehouse. Interacts with farmers as necessary to communicate shortages, order add-ons, or quality control issues.
● Packing and Loading: Assists in packing and loading customer orders. Loads delivery vehicle with customer orders, verifies order accuracy by cross-checking delivery invoices.
● Delivery to Customers: Drives cargo vehicle from Farm Runners warehouse to delivery locations. Unloads orders at customer facilities in an efficient and timely manner, and receives signatures on invoices for delivered product.
● Sales and Customer Service: Professionally represents the company in any customer interactions. Actively engages in on-the-spot sales opportunities and takes future orders if necessary.
● Communication and Reporting: Communicates about farmer and customer interactions with the rest of the team. Completes, organizes, and turns in all relevant paperwork, invoices, and payment to supervisor.
● Vehicle maintenance and cleanliness: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and safety of the vehicle while on the road. Ensures that vehicles are cleaned out properly at the end of each shift. Communicates any vehicle-related maintenance
issues with vehicle manager.
○ Clean Driving Record
○ Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move/push/pull/lift items weighing up to 60 lbs.
○ Available to work Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, often shifts lasting 10-12 hours.
○ Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a commitment to company standards and product quality.
○ Ability to operate delivery box truck and cargo van
○ Experience and confidence driving in the mountains in all weather conditions
○ Ability to interact with customers to provide customer service and make sales
○ Prefered experience in food service, produce marketing/distribution, and/or farming